I write science fiction, but that covers a wide swath.
When I look at a list of the sub-genres, it seems like my stories cover about half of them. So where do I fit?
First of all, what my books are NOT:
– Dystopian, apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic
– Cyberpunk, steampunk
– Military, shoot ‘em up
– Alien invasion.
– Hard sci fi, i.e., based on gee whiz technology
What my stories are:
– First contact, Earth-alien relationships
– Near future, familiar landscape: could be today.
– Character driven
– Story of personal discovery
– Light, humorous
– First person narration with wry humor.
Here’s what sets my stories apart:
Music. Songs that go with the stories. Not many sci fi stories have a music soundtrack!